Galera Cluster Packages and Support for FreeBSD are Now Available From Codership

Clinton Bessesen clinton at xopen.plus.com
Tue Jan 31 10:39:38 UTC 2017

On 31/01/2017 09:52, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> Le 31/01/2017 à 09:44, sakari.keskitalo at galeracluster.com a écrit :
>> Hi,
> Hi,
>
>> Codership is pleased to announce: Galera Cluster Packages and Support
>> for FreeBSD are Now Available From Codership.
> You managed to write "Galera Cluster" a good half dozen times, and
> Codeship a nice number of time, so you are good at marketting, we now
> will all remember both terms for at least 5 minutes.
>
> On the other hand, you did fail to say the most important bit, what it is.

Funny, this did make me laugh - got to love marketing :) Quick check
seems to refer to a database clustering engine (mostly synchronous
replication across nodes).
However, I have no idea compared to already available clustering
services built within MySQL and MariaDB?
Maybe one of the database gurus can explain!