Problem with building libgcrypt

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Feb 14 04:08:20 UTC 2017

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017, Tijl Coosemans wrote:

> >     cc: error: no such file or directory: '/usr/local/lib/libiconv.so'
> >     gmake[4]: *** [Makefile:534: libxslt.la] Error 1
>
> That's probably still because of some .la file.

I did run those commands as suggested...

> Does /usr/local/lib/libiconv.la still exist?

-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  919 Dec 12  2010 /usr/local/lib/libiconv.la

Hmmm...  That should go too.  Note that I didn't build this system; I
merely "inherited" it and not having any FreeBSD experience I took the
cautious "engineers" approach of "it it ain't broke, don't fix it" so I
confined myself to kernel and security updates, otherwise leaving ports
strictly alone.

> What is the output of "pkg which /usr/local/lib/libiconv.la"?

Not found; I sense a generic approach to any more errors of this type :-)

Thanks.