Install of pkg fuse-ntfs fails because of undefined symbol in pkg!?!

Franco Fichtner franco at lastsummer.de
Wed Feb 8 11:46:20 UTC 2017

> On 8 Feb 2017, at 12:29 PM, <scratch65535 at att.net> <scratch65535 at att.net> wrote:
>
> I just tried to install the fuse-nfts pkg under 10.2 on my
> server-of-all-work.  But after requiring me to "upgrade" pkg, the
> fuse-ntfs install failed, apparently because there's an undefined
> symbol ("utimenstat") in pkg itself!
>
> How do I extricate myself?

The latest supported release is FreeBSD 10.3 and packages are therefore
build against it.  It creates this soft breakage inside the fixed ABI,
which quite a few people run into.

There are two solutions:

(a) Build the packages yourself on a FreeBSD 10.2.

(b) Upgrade to FreeBSD 10.3 and do a "pkg upgrade -f" run.

And for the wicked:

(c) Let's please address this issue within FreeBSD so users don't run into it.

;)

Cheers,
Franco