Procmail got updated!

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 00:35:29 UTC 2017

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de>
wrote:

> Am 20.12.2017 um 06:40 schrieb Eugene Grosbein:
> > On 20.12.2017 01:03, Matthias Andree wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Ted, Eugene,
> > [skip]
> >
> > What happened with old good "Tools, not policy" thing?
> >

> It's simpler than that, no policy involved.
>
> The tool had a hollow head, and broke after several years of banging it,
> and the former tool maker told the public it's out of warranty (never
> was in due to it being free) and not being fixed any more, and should be
> scrapped.

It still works (painfully) and is used by many.  They would be wise to
stop, but it is not the job of the project to force them to do so,

I do think that a pkg-message with "Here there be dragons! Proceed at your
own risk. dropmail is a MUCH safer (and easier) path." would be
appropriate. I don't think it is the job of the project to force people to
replace it if they think they know what they are doing. Of course, bitrot
or similar may take it before long.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com