A small problem after switching from portmaster to synth

Dippery, Kyle kyle.dippery at uky.edu
Mon Dec 18 21:40:38 UTC 2017

I don't think this is related to portmaster or synth.  The mismatched checksums list is produced by /usr/local/etc/periodic/security/460.pkg-checksum, and it seems (for me) to have started after a ports update in mid-November.

The parameter to suppress the output is security_status_pkgchecksum_enable; set that to "NO" in /etc/periodic.conf, or set security_status_pkgchecksum_period to "weekly" or "monthly" to get the list less often.

But, the parameter described in /etc/defaults/periodic.conf, that looks it should suppress the output, is security_status_chkportsum_enable.   Should /etc/defaults/periodic.conf be updated to describe the parameter that the script expects?  Or are these two different things that I'm not understanding?

Thanks,
Kyle
--
Kyle Dippery