Procmail Vulnerabilities check

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Dec 9 04:42:38 UTC 2017

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Steve Kargl wrote:

> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2017-December/018712.html

Well, I saw no reason to subscribe to freebsd-arch (I'm on enough lists as
it is)...  Are there any other lists that we should be following?

I guess a suit and tie will be required soon :-(

I'm bemused by Bapt's remark that "it does not support anything an
entreprised [sic] grade mta setup would require: ldap support for
example"; funny, as I had it working just fine with OpenLDAP with hundreds
of users spread over many offices in my last job, with no trouble at all;
there's even a schema for it, FFS:

     aneurin% locate -i sendmail.schema
     /usr/share/sendmail/cf/sendmail.schema

with all the right gear in it:

     # OID arcs for Sendmail
     # enterprise:           1.3.6.1.4.1
     # sendmail:             enterprise.6152

WTF?  Sure as hell looks like Sendmail supports LDAP to me...