Procmail Vulnerabilities check

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Fri Dec 8 18:09:13 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 09:58:55AM -0700, Warren Block wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Jos Chrispijn wrote:
>
> > A little concernedthat I got no response to this.
> > Is Procmail dead for most of you guys(ducking)
>
> procmail is ancient, and has had known quality issues for much of the
> time.  Consider maildrop as a more powerful and more maintained
> replacement that is pretty easy to implement:
>
> http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/maildrop.html

Warren,

Thanks for the pointer to another of your excellent short tutorials.

I note that you discuss sendmail's /etc/mail/hostname.mc
file and how to reset local_procmail.  First, there is
movement afoot to remove sendmail from FreeBSD and replace
it with dma(1).  Second, a number of people probably do as
I do, and invoke procmail from a .forward file.

%  cat ~/.forward
"|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-"

Do you know if maildrop can be used in a similar way?  I
suppose I have some reading to do.

--
Steve