Flavors *COMPLETELY* break the port system (synth and poudriere are useless)

Mel Pilgrim list_freebsd at bluerosetech.com
Wed Dec 6 23:36:38 UTC 2017

On 12/5/2017 2:09 PM, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> Le 05/12/2017 à 10:53, Aryeh Friedman a écrit :
>> TL;DR;
>> Flavors <bleep>'ed up ports and there are no good ways/alternates for how
>> to use the ports collection for normal everyday users/maintainers
>

> Thank you for supporting all the hard work and countless hours that so
> many volunteers put in making the ports tree better.
>
> It really helps motivate all of us continue bringing the ports tree
> forward when we get emails with so much joy and positive attitude.

FWIW, I've been chomping at the bit to try out flavours.

As for those complaining about, it's a remarkably small number of very
loud people, but that's how it always is.  I can say that I do get a
laugh out them say poudriere is too much work, then insist on building
everything from scratch or even bailing FreeBSD for LFS or Gentoo... ;)