devel/scons port fails to build, please contact maintainer

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Tue Dec 5 18:29:27 UTC 2017

Hi all,

On Mon, Dec 04, 2017 at 10:31:47PM +0100, Jan Beich wrote:
> Koen Martens <gmc at sonologic.nl> writes:
>
> > I've installed poudriere through pkg, which gives me 3.1.22 at the
> > moment. I'll try 3.2 from ports tomorrow, wasn't aware that the binary
> > packages had an out of date version. I'll report back on whether that
> > worked or not.
>
> poudriere 3.2.* has been available as binary package for >2 weeks.
> My guess, you're on /quarterly package set. If so you need to either
> switch to /latest set or stick to building quarterly branches.

Yep, i have a default 11.1 system where I do the poudriere building.
Installed from packages, which by default is on quarterly (I learned
from thread). I installed from ports, and with poudriere 3.2.2 all is
well.

I didn't explicitly choose latest/quarterly for pkg nor the ports
collection used by poudriere, so I guess what I did wrong was using
defaults for both host package repository and poudriere ports tree.

I guess I could've figured this out by myself, if i carefully read the
message in UPDATING and checked my poudriere version. Sorry for the
noise, and thanks all for your help!

- Koen Martens