devel/scons port fails to build, please contact maintainer

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 4 21:39:56 UTC 2017

On  4 Dec, Koen Martens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed poudriere through pkg, which gives me 3.1.22 at the
> moment. I'll try 3.2 from ports tomorrow, wasn't aware that the binary
> packages had an out of date version. I'll report back on whether that
> worked or not.

The default package repostitory for pkg is the latest quarterly branch,
which doesn't have the flavor-compatible version of poudriere.  That's
not an issue because the currently quarterly ports branch doesn't use
flavors.

I wonder if people who use poudriere to build their ports and track the
quarterly branches will run into sharp edges when they switch from the
2017Q4 branch to the 2018Q1 branch and might need to manually bootstrap
the new version of poudriere.