Welcome flavors! portmaster now dead? synth?

Dewayne Geraghty dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au
Tue Dec 5 03:10:40 UTC 2017

On 5/12/2017 10:43 AM, Tatsuki Makino wrote:
> By the way, where is the clever way to update to flavor?
> I am using portmaster.

This might give you a clue.
(1) https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=455210

Though after the apparent confusion with ansible from Nov 30, I think
I'll wait for the infrastructure developers to provide guidance
Refer:
(2) https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/sysutils/ansible/Makefile?view=log

Full marks to introducing python flavors as it should serve to iron out
the flavor problems.

Unfortunately it appears that we need to build multiple versions of,
say, python when you only NEED to run 2.7 refer to (1) above?  It used
to be that the ports team recommended when users should update python,
php, etc and the ports suite would head in that direction.   Its an
uncomfortable prospect - *maintaining* multiple versions of the same
language on a production platform...