Error: devel/scons depends on nonexistent origin 'devel/py-setuptools at py27'

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 22:53:11 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 2:36 PM, Bastien OGIER via freebsd-ports <
freebsd-ports at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Had some troubles trying to update my poudriere pkgs today, bulk is
> throwing the following error :
>
> [00:00:02] ====>> Error: devel/scons depends on nonexistent origin
> 'devel/py-setuptools at py27'; Please contact maintainer of the port to fix
> this.
>
> Didn't see anything related on the recent mailinglist so I hope I did the
> right thing mailing it there.
>
> Bastien

You seem to have been bitten by FLAVORS. Is pkg(8) up-to-date? I got this
type of error as I managed  to update PORTDIR after the FLAVORS commit, but
before pkg was updated properly to deal with it.

After updating /usr/portds/ports-mgmt/pkg and re-building it, those errors
vanished and things started working fairly well again.

NOTE: There is at least one bug that has not bitten me but has gotten a
couple of people that has a proposed patch under review at this time. I
don't think this is what caused your error, but I'm mot at all sure.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com