Welcome flavors! portmaster now dead? synth?

Rozhuk Ivan rozhuk.im at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 18:18:39 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 09:58:15 -0800
Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> I have a laptop with 664 installed packages.  It has 6.4 GB
> of free diskspace and 3.5 GB of available memory.  It is the
> only i686 system that I have and it is used to develop and
> test all of the libm code that I contribute to FreeBSD.
> /usr/src, /usr/obj, and /usr/ports/distfiles are symlinked
> to directories on a USB 2.0 external drive.  Using `poudriere
> bulk` may strain the available resources when constructing jails,
> storing built packages, and then going throught the actual
> upgrading process; whereas `portmaster -Byd` just worked.

+1
I dont want poudriere because I dont need ZFS, jails and other crap on my system.
I dont want to play system administrator: keep and admin build servers at home/work.

I just want update from source all my ports, make packages, and on other
computers run portmaster to update from these packages on nfs share.
Minimum overhead.

synth - at least require specific depencies.