Last flavorless revision?

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Sat Dec 2 17:29:01 UTC 2017

On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 02:06:32PM +0100, Christian Ullrich wrote:
> * Steve Kargl wrote:

> >> https://svnweb.freebsd.org
> >>

> > ?
>
> He means, "I could just write 'No, 455205 is the first one with FLAVORS
> support in it, if you don't count the brief interlude from 450663 until
> 450939 when introducing it exposed the lack of communication between
> ports collection and ports tools maintainers for the first time', but
> since that would be entirely too helpful, instead I'll just post a link
> to the SVN web interface which boasts all the charm and usability of the
> late 1990s and let you figure it out for yourself."

Given that I asked about a specific revision number, it stands
to reason that I had already spent too much time wandering around
svnweb.freebsd.org.  An entry needs to be added to ports/UPDATING
to state which revision turns on flavors and by extension neuters
all port management tools except poudriere.  Four months from now
when users update a system finding that information by crawling
through svnweb.freebsd.org will be a challenge.

--
Steve
20170425 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWUpyCsUKR4