net/samba46

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Thu Apr 6 20:51:46 UTC 2017

Am 05.04.2017 um 00:02 schrieb Doug Sampson:
> When I try to join a domain after building samba46, I get this error message:
>
> root at aries:/usr/local/etc # net ads join -U dspadmin%<password>
> Failed to join domain: failed to create kerberos keytab
> root at aries:/usr/local/etc #

have you seen the following entry:
20170401:
  AFFECTS: net/samba44, net/samba45, net/samba46 and devel/p5-Parse-Pidl*
  AUTHOR: timur at FreeBSD.org

  It turned out that arbitary versions of p5-Parse-Pidl may lead to the
  hard to explain crashes of the Samba server and utilities(in particular
  we suspect it was responsible for the troubles with the DC provisioning).

  So, from now on net/samba* ports use bundled version of Pidl. You need to
  remove external package from the system:

  pkg delete -f p5-Parse-Pidl p5-Parse-Pidl44

For me samba43 is working fine. Every newer version fails and all
windows PCs refuses to connect to samba.

Gruß
Matthias

Rich Cook