graphics/opencv2-core: compiler error on CURRENT: error: 'stddef.h' file not found

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 7 12:23:00 UTC 2016

Am Fri, 7 Oct 2016 13:59:05 +0200
Dimitry Andric <dim at FreeBSD.org> schrieb:

> On 07 Oct 2016, at 13:43, O. Hartmann <ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> >
> > Am Fri, 7 Oct 2016 13:27:19 +0200
> > Dimitry Andric <dim at FreeBSD.org> schrieb:
> >>
> >> So for some reason, on your system, the compilation flags include
> >> -isystem /usr/include/include, which is rather strange.  I would not
> >> expect this to break compilation in the fashion you are seeing.  Do you
> >> have an /usr/include/include directory on your system, by any chance?
> >
> > YES :-(
> >
> > /usr/include/include does exist ...
>
> Right, so that is pretty strange.  Maybe it was an artefact of some
> failed installation?  In any case, I would blow it away.

Within the past years, I slide from one CURRENT to the next. There was no accdent as far
as I can recall, but due to the fact I do quite often a recompilation of the system, the
likelyhood of hitting the fan (or problems) is quite high. I gues this is a remnant of
some problems not visible to me.

I blew the /usr/include/include folder, but then the system rejected to buildworld. I had
to reinstall world, did a complete buildworld/buildkernel with recent sources and started
recompilation of updated ports. Now, graphics/opencv2-core compiles!

Thank you very much. Quite impressive!

> Btw, it looks like the eigen port uses pkgconfig, can you please post
> the contents of your /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/eigen3.pc file?
>
> -Dimitry

Content of /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/eigen3.pc:

prefix=/usr/local
exec_prefix=${prefix}

Name: Eigen3
algorithms Requires: