weird messages, source unidentified

Scott Bennett bennett at sdf.org
Tue Oct 4 07:33:50 UTC 2016

     For many moons now, I've been seeing messages like the following, but
emitted by many programs, not just by cmake.  I've indented all example
message lines below by ">".

>cmake: environment corrupt; missing value for QT_IM_MO

I don't know what causes them or how to get rid of them.
     I've also seen many ports fail to build with sequences of messages like
the ones below, which always involve ccache.

>CMake Error at /usr/local/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeSystemSpecificInformation.cmake:36 (include):
>  include called with wrong number of arguments.  include() only takes one
>  file.
>Call Stack (most recent call first):
>  CMakeLists.txt:68 (project)
>

>System is unknown to cmake, create:
>Platform/sh: environment corrupt; missing value for QT_IM_MO
>FreeBSD to use this system, please send your config file to cmake at www.cmake.org so it can be added to cmake

     Another common type of message sequences looks like this.

>-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/local/libexec/ccache/c++ -- broken
>CMake Error at /usr/local/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake:54 (message):
>  The C++ compiler "/usr/local/libexec/ccache/c++" is not able to compile a
>  simple test program.
>
>  It fails with the following output:
>

>  CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
>Call Stack (most recent call first):
>  CMakeLists.txt:68 (project)

     Over time, messages like the kinds shown above have led to the
need to use many "-x" options on a "portmaster -a" command.  If someone
could feed me a clue or three as to how to correct whatever these
programs are complaining about and how to fix the problem(s), I would be
grateful.  Thanks much in advance to anyone with helpful suggestions.
     Meanwhile I suppose I should see about restoring the earlier version
of graphics/opencv{,-core} from before they were renamed and broken.  Sigh.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *xor*   bennett at freeshell.org  *