www/mod_authnz_external24 replacement repo?

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Sat Oct 1 15:33:52 UTC 2016

Hi.

On 01.10.2016 14:38, Stefan Bethke wrote:
> I’ve been a long time user of mod_authnz_external.  I didn’t pay much attention to the Google Code retirement, so when I tried updating ports today, I was surprised by the IGNORE on the port.
>
> I did a little research: mod-auth-external is not archived on Google Code (at least I can’t find it there), so it’s hard to ascertain what the actual code base was the last time it was available.
>
> There’s a number of Github repos that have been imported from Google Code; none of them seem to have been created by the original maintainer.  That’s not really surprising, since the original maintainer was looking for someone to take over from him a year and a half ago.
>
> I think I will try to prepare an update to the port to use https://github.com/phokz/mod-auth-external, since that comes up first in the search, and according to the commit history, has not been changed from the original source (yet).
>
> If anyone has a better suggestion, I’d be happy to hear it!

I'm the maintainer of the port www/mod_authnz_external24. Disclaimer:
I'm just a guy who needs this module since I use it for a long time.
Once I discovered that the FreeBSD ports version is apache22-only, so I
quicly made a port and asked one of the FreeBSD big guys to commit it.
As a [temporary ?] solution I can easily rehost the tarball, I think
this is what I should do for now (unfortunately, I was simple not aware
about the fact that the port is marked unfetcheable may be I've even got
the email about it, but for last year maintaining this ports meant
receiving periodically some mail with false positive building errorso
may be this is why I missed it). As for the port future... well, I'm
concerned about it too, because I suppose I will continue to use it. So
if anyone wants to take it over to maintain - I'm not insisting on my
maintainership at all.

Eugene.