www/mod_authnz_external24 replacement repo?

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Sat Oct 1 09:38:38 UTC 2016

I’ve been a long time user of mod_authnz_external.  I didn’t pay much attention to the Google Code retirement, so when I tried updating ports today, I was surprised by the IGNORE on the port.

I did a little research: mod-auth-external is not archived on Google Code (at least I can’t find it there), so it’s hard to ascertain what the actual code base was the last time it was available.

There’s a number of Github repos that have been imported from Google Code; none of them seem to have been created by the original maintainer.  That’s not really surprising, since the original maintainer was looking for someone to take over from him a year and a half ago.

I think I will try to prepare an update to the port to use https://github.com/phokz/mod-auth-external, since that comes up first in the search, and according to the commit history, has not been changed from the original source (yet).

If anyone has a better suggestion, I’d be happy to hear it!

Cheers,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811