[HEADSUP] Default Perl changed to 5.24.

Florian Smeets flo at smeets.xyz
Fri Nov 4 17:33:00 UTC 2016

On 04/11/2016 15:40, Marko Cupać wrote:
> I guess I came to positive conclusion too early. Everything did
> compile, install and start without problems. But so far I had problems
> with amavisd-new which would die with the following message:
>
> Nov  4 15:20:52 mx1 amavis[38170]: (!)_DIE: Suicide in child_init_hook:
> BDB can't connect db env. at /var/amavis/db: BDB0087 DB_RUNRECOVERY:
> Fatal error, run database recovery, No such file or directory. at (eval
> 93) line 338.
>
> Moving and recreating files from under /var/amavis/db did not help, for
> now I have solved the problem by commenting out the following line in
> amavisd.conf:
>
> #$enable_db = 1;

Did you also upgrade from 10.3 to 11.0 recently? I've seen this
happening on two boxes running heavy mail traffic ever since upgrading
those boxes from stable/10 to stable/11 (around 11.0-BETA1). Amavis was
running rock solid before. The amavis version was still 2.10.1 back
then. So I'm not quite sure this is related to the perl upgrade nor the
recent amavisd-new upgrade.

I resorted to enable_db = 0, and haven't had a lot of time to do any
debugging yet.

Florian