[HEADSUP] Default Perl changed to 5.24.

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+freebsd at ijs.si
Fri Nov 4 15:38:16 UTC 2016

2016-11-04 15:40, Marko Cupać wrote:
> I guess I came to positive conclusion too early. Everything did
> compile, install and start without problems. But so far I had problems
> with amavisd-new which would die with the following message:
>
> Nov  4 15:20:52 mx1 amavis[38170]: (!)_DIE: Suicide in child_init_hook:
> BDB can't connect db env. at /var/amavis/db: BDB0087 DB_RUNRECOVERY:
> Fatal error, run database recovery, No such file or directory. at (eval
> 93) line 338.
>
> Moving and recreating files from under /var/amavis/db did not help, for
> now I have solved the problem by commenting out the following line in
> amavisd.conf:
>
> #$enable_db = 1;
>
> I'm off to write bug report for amavis now. Hope this saves troubled
> postmasters - early upgraders some time.

I have been running amavisd-new (2.11.0) under perl 5.24
ever since this version of perl came into ports.

I doubt your problem is specific to perl 5.24, must be
something else. The 'No such file or directory' suggests
to double-check your configured paths (and file permissions).

But I admit I have ditched the use of BerkeleyDB in favour
of a Redis backend to Amavis (and to SpamAssassin), which is much
faster and better behaved. Check the RELEASE_NOTES for configuring.

   Mark