Is the kmymoney port broken?

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at
Tue Mar 22 14:30:14 UTC 2016

CC'ing the list again.

Christian Baer <christian.baer at> writes:
> On 03/22/16 11:05, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Hello Raphael, thanks for your reply!
>> Do you have kdelibs-4.14.3_6 installed? My initial guess is that you
>> haven't recompiled kdelibs after its header locations were changed and
>> those files are still in
>> ${PORTSDIR}/work/stage/usr/local/include/kmymoney/ instead of
>> include/kde4/kmymoney.
> That is a possibility. :-)
> I actually installed KDE via 'pkg install', along with just about
> everything else I have running on this machine at the moment - and I
> recently (not quite two weeks ago) upgraded everything, including KDE4.
> The ports tree I rebuilt completely (rm -rf /usr/ports and svn checkout)
> before compiling KMymoney. So if it the kdelibs were built in the
> process, they should have been built with new settings. However, it is
> possible that they were already installed.

It's easy to check: pkg info kdelibs. The version field should say
4.14.3_6. If you've just built kmymoney I'd assume it would require that
new version though. Please also make sure your Mk/ is at
r411201 or later.

> Sorry about the dumb question (I'm just not so deep into this stuff):
> What do you mean with the header locations were changed. I am guessing
> this means the position within the directory-tree. Is that correct? And
> if so, can I just change it by recompiling and reinstalling the kdelibs
> without screwing up other stuff currently installed?

Yes, I am referring to this commit I made a week ago:

Which made kdelibs (and several ports that depend on it) install its
headers into /usr/local/include/kde4 instead of /usr/local/include.

You can try recompiling x11/kdelibs4 after making sure both the port and are at their latest versions, but I think it should have
already happened when you tried building kmymoney.

A few other things you can try in order to rule out other possibilities:
- After building kmymoney, run `find work -name importinterface.h' to
  check where the header was staged.
- See if resetting your build options (make rmconfig) makes any

It would also be helpful if you could attach your whole build log if the
problem persists.

More information about the freebsd-ports mailing list