poudriere and MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 11 23:30:14 UTC 2016

Am Fri, 11 Mar 2016 09:47:06 -0800
Bryan Drewery <bdrewery at FreeBSD.org> schrieb:

> On 3/10/2016 5:37 AM, O. Hartmann wrote:
> > env MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/some/place poudriere jail -c -j 10-stable-amd64 \
> > -a amd64 -v stable/10 -m src=/somesrc/srcplace/
> >
> > In poudriere.conf I added
> >
> > export MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=$MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX
> >
> > as recommended in some posts I found googling for a solution. Please
> > have in mind that I use csh - the export and poudriere's environment is
> > obviously sh.
> >
> > This fails, the PATH is always cut down to /somesrc/srcplace/, missing
> > the prepending portion taken from MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX - it is set to zero
> > length it seems. Ommitting env MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/some/place to the
> > poudriere command as shown above results in "usr/obj" being prepended.
> > This seems odd!
> >
> > The only sollution to this was to give the specific jail its private
> > 10-stable-amd64-poudriere.conf. But this seems to be not the correct
> > way to do so, since  MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX is supposed to be set in the
> > environment.
> >
> > What am I missing here?
>
> The poudriere command clears the environment except for PATH and TERM.
> A 10-stable-amd64-poudriere.conf with export MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=value
> would work.

Thank you Bryan.
Indeed, it worked that way. It would be great if there would be a hint somewhere in the
docs or in the example poudriere.conf file.

I found no hint whether compilation/building packages on a base system running a
fifferent major release that the jail would work or not - it is made clear, that within
a major release, the head or most recent of the release is capable to build minors of
the same major release due to ABI/KABI compatibility.

What is about the recent CURRENT as host with 10.X-Rel or 10-stable jails?

I have problems building lang/python27 within the 10-stable jail. The build fails in the
stagin phase with "bad c++ code". A natural "make" build on CURRENT works flawlessly.
The config of the 10-stable jail is "vanilla".

Regards and thanks,

Oliver