Jail's emails

Alphons van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Sat Jun 11 11:22:56 UTC 2016

Grzegorz Junka wrote:

> I am wondering if there is any standard way of dealing with those emails
> in installations where there is many more jails than in my case?

This has nothing to do with ports, but still:

1. You can have the output of the periodic(8) scripts sent to a logfile
instead of e-mailed to a user. For this, set
{daily,weekly,monthly}_output accordingly in /etc/periodic.conf.

2. You can make periodic(8) only report interesting finds by setting
{daily,weekly,monthly}_{success,info,badconfig} in the same file.

See periodic.conf(5) and the file /etc/defaults/periodic.conf, both of
which also show you how to disable periodic jobs you don't care about.

HTH,

AvW

--
A.J. "Fonz" van Werven
mailsig: Ob technicas difficultates, lux in fine cuniculum non operatur.