Firefox 47.0 hangs when accessing cnn.com

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 20:01:44 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Bob Willcox <bob at immure.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 03:42:00PM +0000, Grzegorz Junka wrote:

> didn't

> there
> look?

> else.

> packages.

> other

> special

> your
> ones.
> > > Well, I've compiled and reinstalled all of the packages on the system
> with
> > > synth with the same result. BTW, from what I could tell, synth forced
> me to
> > > remove any local configuration files that I had for the half a dozen
> or so
> > > ports prior to allowing me to to the 'synth upgrade-system' run.
> > >
> > > I don't know what is going on/wrong with firefox, but it seems to be
> getting
> > > hung up with some scripts that it tries to run. Since I replaced the
> version
> > > 47 of firefox with the previous 46 version and the problem persisted, I
> > > suspect that the issue may not be in firefox at all. It's just the
> victim.
> > >

> > That sounds bad indeed. Have you tried to reinstall using the official
> > pkg repository (not compiled on your machine)?
> >
> > BTW Firefox 47 just started crashing today for me. Nothing to do with
> > scripts, some exception in one of the *.c files (according to the
> > popup). I am now creating a new batch of packages with poudriere and
> > will try to upgrade to a newer version.
>
> Ugh. Mine hasn't crashed, just hung to the point where I have to kill it.
> Jan has suggested some things for me to try that I plan to do when I get
> some time. I'll post how that went once I've tried them.
>
> Bob
>
> --
> Bob Willcox    | Which is worse: ignorance or apathy?
> bob at immure.com | Who knows?  Who cares?
> Austin, TX     |

npviewer.bin is not part of firefox. It is a part of nspluginwrapper. If
you uninstall it and restart firefox, does the problem go away? (Of course,
you won't be able to view flash.) Have you followed Jan's suggestion to
re-setup nspluginwrapper? NOTE: It must be installed by you with the UID
you use to run firefox! Doing it as rot won't work.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com