Custom base jails for ZFS replication

Randy Westlund rwestlun at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 05:59:27 UTC 2016

Is there a jail management tool that lets you install packages in a base
jail, and share that with multiple thin jails?

I want to deploy many thin jails across multiple servers, and be able to
update both the base system and ports in a base jail and then ZFS
replicate that to the base jails on the production servers.  I'd like
the thin jails to only contain my customer-specific application data, so
I don't have to manually update all of them.

I don't see any way to do this with ezjail or iocage.  Does anyone else
have a deployment like this?