Help needed: ports builds on 10.X but breaks on 9.X

A.J. "Fonz" van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Sat Oct 3 09:06:34 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The port x11-servers/Xfstt, which I maintain, apparently breaks on FreeBSD
9.3-RELEASE while building just fine on 10.X-RELEASE. Initially I thought
it was just a random glitch, but I got a second pkg-fallout message, so
perhaps something is actually wrong indeed.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a 9.X machine right now, but does
anyone know what can cause an

  Error expanding embedded variable.

error right at the very start of the build phase on FreeBSD 9.X (happens
on both i386 and amd64),  but not on FreeBSD 10.X? A complete build log
can be found here:
http://beefy2.nyi.freebsd.org/data/93amd64-default/398241/logs/xfstt-1.9.2.log

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Fonz

--
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.