change ports default work directory prefix

Dirk Engling erdgeist at erdgeist.org
Fri Oct 2 19:46:54 UTC 2015

On 02.10.15 21:42, Kimmo Paasiala wrote:

> What about DISTDIR (/usr/ports/distfiles) and PACKAGES
> (/usr/ports/packages)? Those are now kinda stuck under /usr/ports as
> well forcing the ports tree to be read-write unless overridden to some
> other directories. For the distfiles I've used /var/cache/distfiles
> and I think that would follow hier(7) nicely if it was changed that
> way.

You're right. Actually in ezjail I modify make.conf to read

WRKDIRPREFIX=           /var/ports
DISTDIR=                /var/ports/distfiles
PACKAGES=               /var/ports/packages
INDEXDIR=               /var/ports

But I was told that /var is not the correct place, at least for
WRKDIRPREFIX.

  erdgeist