Workint whith partial ports tree has become impossible after some (r399278? r399921?) changes in ports infrastructure

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 13 18:01:46 UTC 2015

On 11/12/2015 10:21 AM, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> On 12.11.2015 21:07, Bryan Drewery wrote:
>
>>> But this one isn't
>>>
>>> ===>  License APACHE20 accepted by the user ===>  Found saved
>>> configuration for subversion-1.9.2 Error a dependency refers to a
>>> non existing origin: /usr/home/lev/FreeBSD/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
>>> in PKG_DEPENDS *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop. make[1]: stopped in
>>> /usr/home/lev/FreeBSD/ports/devel/subversion
>>>

>> What command did you run?
>
> % make WRKDIRPREFIX='' all
>
>  All dependencies have been installed to default ${PREFIX} already, of
> course. I would not complain about "non existing origin" for
> dependencies that is missing in system. It is perfectly Ok to complain
> about missing dependencies which need to be built & installed (though,
> previous "versions" of ports silently picked them up from default
> /usr/ports in such situation).
>
>> Also, I consider ports-mgmt/pkg to be a required part of the ports
>> tree, just as Mk/ and Templates/ is. I'll look anyhow to make sure
>> it's not a recent regression with the all-depends/clean-depends
>> changes.
>  I have fresh, actual pkg installed in system at this moment
> (1.6.1_2). My partially-checked-out tree contains Mk/ and Templates/,
> because they are not installed in system (and could not be).
>
>   It is not clear, also, how to resolve situation when some
> dependencies should be taken from work tree (which is not full ports
> tree, but partial checkout) and other ones from system tree, like
> situation when committer work on several new ports which are
> inter-dependent. Have full tree checkout looks ugly, it is huge :-)

Fixed in r401524. Only dependencies which are not satisfied (i.e., not
installed and need to be installed) will be considered fatal now.

This was introduced back in June in r390865.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery