Workint whith partial ports tree has become impossible after some (r399278? r399921?) changes in ports infrastructure

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 12 18:21:45 UTC 2015

On 12.11.2015 21:07, Bryan Drewery wrote:

>> But this one isn't
>>
>> ===>  License APACHE20 accepted by the user ===>  Found saved
>> configuration for subversion-1.9.2 Error a dependency refers to a
>> non existing origin: /usr/home/lev/FreeBSD/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
>> in PKG_DEPENDS *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop. make[1]: stopped in
>> /usr/home/lev/FreeBSD/ports/devel/subversion
>>

> What command did you run?

% make WRKDIRPREFIX='' all

 All dependencies have been installed to default ${PREFIX} already, of
course. I would not complain about "non existing origin" for
dependencies that is missing in system. It is perfectly Ok to complain
about missing dependencies which need to be built & installed (though,
previous "versions" of ports silently picked them up from default
/usr/ports in such situation).

> Also, I consider ports-mgmt/pkg to be a required part of the ports
> tree, just as Mk/ and Templates/ is. I'll look anyhow to make sure
> it's not a recent regression with the all-depends/clean-depends
> changes.
 I have fresh, actual pkg installed in system at this moment
(1.6.1_2). My partially-checked-out tree contains Mk/ and Templates/,
because they are not installed in system (and could not be).

  It is not clear, also, how to resolve situation when some
dependencies should be taken from work tree (which is not full ports
tree, but partial checkout) and other ones from system tree, like
situation when committer work on several new ports which are
inter-dependent. Have full tree checkout looks ugly, it is huge :-)

- --
// Lev Serebryakov