FreeBSD Port: cairo-1.14.2,2

Martin Waschbüsch martin at waschbuesch.de
Sun Nov 8 14:36:32 UTC 2015

> Am 08.11.2015 um 15:17 schrieb Martin Waschbüsch <martin at waschbuesch.de>:
>

>> Am 08.11.2015 um 14:53 schrieb Sergey Masharov <serzh at expir.org>:
>
> Hi Sergey,
>
>> I think, something wrong has happened with dependencies in the latest
>> major upgrade, because in the official release I see only:
>>
>> Dependency Changes
>> ------------------
>>
>>  Cairo now requires glib 2.14 for its gobject helper functions,
>>  and pixman 0.30 for downscaling.

Just out of curiosity, I tried again on a fresh jail (as opposed to a system that already had the dependencies in place).
(Memo to myself: Always test things before hitting send... :-/)

Turns out that current cairo depends on:

# pkg info -d cairo
cairo-1.14.2,2:
	libGL-10.6.8
	dri2proto-2.8
	fontconfig-2.11.1,1
	glproto-1.4.17
	libEGL-10.6.8
	libXrender-0.9.8_3
	png-1.6.18
	pixman-0.32.6_1
	freetype2-2.6_1
	xcb-util-renderutil-0.3.9_1
	libXext-1.3.3_1,1
	glib-2.44.1_1

At least libGL pulls in quite a large number of further dependencies.
OpenGL support is a build time option for cairo and defaults to yes. Maybe that is the additional change between releases?

Anyway, you were right and onto something!

I guess it'd make sense to open a PR on this one.

Martin