Problem building maildrop with exim as MTA

Guido Falsi madpilot at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 10 07:09:18 UTC 2015

On 06/10/15 05:59, Jim Trigg wrote:
> When I try to build maildrop after installing exim as my primary mta I
> get the following error:
>
> checking location of system mailboxes... configure: error: Cannot
> determine default mailbox
> configure: error: ./configure failed for libs/maildrop
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to madpilot at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and
> attach the
> "/usr/ports/mail/maildrop/work/maildrop-2.8.2/config.log" including the
> output
> of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
> provide
> an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
> /usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Any suggestions as to how to fix this? I'm attempting to migrate from
> one host running Postfix to a new host running Exim but want to continue
> my maildrop support. (The switch is an attempt to reduce backscatter by
> doing more antispam during the SMTP session rather than after message
> acceptance.)

Hi,

I have to look at this, can you also send me the file
"/usr/ports/mail/maildrop/work/maildrop-2.8.2/config.log" mentioned in
the error message? It contains details of the failed check which can
help me understand what is happening.

Thanks!

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot at FreeBSD.org>