Problem building maildrop with exim as MTA

Jim Trigg jktrigg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 04:09:24 UTC 2015

When I try to build maildrop after installing exim as my primary mta I
get the following error:

checking location of system mailboxes... configure: error: Cannot
determine default mailbox
configure: error: ./configure failed for libs/maildrop
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to madpilot at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and
attach the
"/usr/ports/mail/maildrop/work/maildrop-2.8.2/config.log" including the
output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
/usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
*** Error code 1

Any suggestions as to how to fix this? I'm attempting to migrate from
one host running Postfix to a new host running Exim but want to continue
my maildrop support. (The switch is an attempt to reduce backscatter by
doing more antispam during the SMTP session rather than after message
acceptance.)

Thanks,
Jim Trigg