Portupgrade a jail

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Thu Jun 4 08:36:00 UTC 2015

Hello.

Is it possible to run portupgrade from the base system, while addressing
a jail?

I see some threads about this, but they all go back to the pre-pkgng era.

To me it look like "pkg -r /usr/jail/xxx" works, but I don't see any way
to make portupgrade pass this option along.
Then again, I think portupgrade, having it's onw databases, needs more
than that...

In any case I'd like to avoid the need to install N+1 copies of
portupgrade and its dependencies on a system with N jails.
Is there any way to achieve this?

  bye & Thanks
	av.