sphinxsearch with mysql(mariadb) with openssl from ports building with poudriere

Frank de Bot lists at searchy.net
Tue Jan 27 07:36:58 UTC 2015

Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On 2015/01/27 07:14, Frank de Bot wrote:
>> With poudriere I build custom packages from FreeBSD 10.1 . Since a while
>> textproc/sphinxsearch fails the builds with as it seems mysql library
>> related errors. Attached is the output log of the build for
>> sphinxsearch, options for mariadb55-client en options for sphinxsearch.
>> It looks like the openssl port isn't installed in the jail for the build
>> process.
>>
>> how can I solve this?
>
> Do you have the log file from your build of sphinxsearch available?
>
> I'm guessing that what is happening is that your getting a conflict
> between some ports that are linked against the base system's version of
> openssl, and other ports that are linked against the port's version of
> openssl (ie. mariadb55-client in your case.)
>
> One way to avoid this is to ensure that all ports are linked against the
> ports version of openssl.  Try adding:
>
> WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=      yes
>
> to /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf and do a poudriere bulk -c ...
> to make sure everything gets rebuilt.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

I've pasted the log in pastebin http://pastebin.com/qtZnaEdL   because
it was stripped from my mail.

I have WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes in my make-101.conf  (101 is my jailname).

At first I had a failure with another port depended on mariadb55-client,
but it had it's own openssl option which I could turn on. After that it
included the openssl library because the port needed openssl. In
sphinxsearch there isn't, but mariadb55-client does require openssl, but
it doesn't include it in it's build.