sphinxsearch with mysql(mariadb) with openssl from ports building with poudriere

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 27 07:29:35 UTC 2015

On 2015/01/27 07:14, Frank de Bot wrote:
> With poudriere I build custom packages from FreeBSD 10.1 . Since a while
> textproc/sphinxsearch fails the builds with as it seems mysql library
> related errors. Attached is the output log of the build for
> sphinxsearch, options for mariadb55-client en options for sphinxsearch.
> It looks like the openssl port isn't installed in the jail for the build
> process.
>
> how can I solve this?

Do you have the log file from your build of sphinxsearch available?

I'm guessing that what is happening is that your getting a conflict
between some ports that are linked against the base system's version of
openssl, and other ports that are linked against the port's version of
openssl (ie. mariadb55-client in your case.)

One way to avoid this is to ensure that all ports are linked against the
ports version of openssl.  Try adding:

WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=      yes

to /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf and do a poudriere bulk -c ...
to make sure everything gets rebuilt.

	Cheers,

	Matthew