updating alpine port to new version (as a maintainer)

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 17 16:47:11 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am the port maintainer of the alpine port, nevertheless not a very
experienced one.

The alpine mailer has recently been updated from 2.11 to 2.20 and I as a
maintainer would like to update the port to the new version.

According to the porter's handbook I have to use diff to create a patch in
order to upgrade the alpine port. Is this correct? I'm hoping to get some
pointers from an experienced port maintainer how to deal with upgrades
like this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Marco