BIND REPLACE_BASE option

Vince Hoffman vince at unsane.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 17:06:47 UTC 2015

On 14/01/2015 16:34, Roger Marquis wrote:
> Matthew Seaman wrote:
>> Yes, poudriere does a lot of stuff, but if you didn't use a central
>> builder, you'ld end up replicating all of that stuff onto every machine
>> you wanted to manage.
>
> What stuff would you end up replicating?  I ask because our "make
> package" host don't replicate anything other than the required binaries,
> libraries and configs.
This implies you are already using a central build host? Matthew's reply
was talking about replicating build-depends packages if you build on
each host separately.

The advantage for me for using poudriere has been I use one machine to
build 8.x 9.x and 10.x packages with a few flavours of each, its in a
nice easy to use form and builds the repos (which I serve via nginx) and
it handles all the jails/updating etc for me. Nothing I couldnt do
manually sure but saves me time and effort. I just need to remember to
check for new ports options from time to time.

Vince