poudriere: reduce the number of rebuilt packages?

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 12 17:55:29 UTC 2015

+--On 12 janvier 2015 18:45:06 +0100 Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft at gmx.net> wrote:
| On 12.01.2015 18:08, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
|>

|> +--On 12 janvier 2015 17:59:36 +0100 Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft at gmx.net>
|> wrote:
|> |
|> | But it would be nice to have a poudriere option to avoid rebuilds of
|> | ports without version bumps. If something should go horribly wrong
|> | every now and then, you can still fall back to the default rebuild
|> | behavior.
|> |
|> | I think it should be possibly provided that port versions are bumped
|> | correctly. But maybe I'm wrong.
|>
|> Like someone else said, you can use bulk -S, but don't complain if you
|> end up with something that's horribly broken :-)
|
| bulk -S didn't really work well for me (see original post).
|
| But I think I my original question is answered by now:
| There's no supported way of avoiding excessive rebuilds with poudriere.

Well, no, there is not, and unless you figure out an algorithm to do it,
and I'm saying algorithm in the mathematical sense, not heuristic, that is,
one that is always right, feel free to submit a patch for it :-)
Now, there's a good chance that it will be slower than rebuilding all the
dependencies.

--
Mathieu Arnold