/compat/linux and /usr/compat/linux

Patrick Powell papowell at astart.com
Thu Feb 12 15:19:12 UTC 2015

On 02/11/15 10:23, Martin Simmons wrote:

> FWIW, the pre-9.0 installer (sysinstall) creates /usr/compat with /compat
> linked to it, but it bsdinstall doesn't.  See
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2011-December/009339.html
>
> __Martin

This is what I was wondering about.   So it happened wayback...

I suspect that creating a symbolic link from /compat to (say) /usr/compat or
/usr/local/compat would cause problems with ports and PKGng.   Not on
installation
but on deletion and/or update.

Any comments from the freebsd-ports?

--
Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies
papowell at astart.com            1530 Jamacha Rd, Suite X