Help needed for VeraCrypt port

sax12 at web.de sax12 at web.de
Tue Dec 1 00:00:32 UTC 2015

On the GitHub page of VeraCrypt (a successor of TrueCrypt) I asked, if there will be a FreeBSD port.
One developer replied that he already looked into it as there is some FreeBSD code left from TrueCrypt. But he encountered a problem with "fuse" and that any help by a BSD developer would be appreciated.

As I'm not a developer with the required skill set, I thought I will just forward the message to any interested party. Maybe an interested developer will get in contact with him on GitHub and help him out. The Issue in question is: https://github.com/veracrypt/VeraCrypt/issues/34

It would be great to have VeraCrypt supported on FreeBSD to share encrypted containers or hard disks between multiple operating systems.

Have a nice day.