False (?) alarm from FreeBSD package build server with FreeBSD-current

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 28 19:16:20 UTC 2015

On 4/25/2015 6:28 PM, Sergei Vyshenski wrote:
> How this non-reproducibility can happen at all?
> Could it be that FreeBSD package build server deliberately sets more rigid
> CFLAGS than OS itself does?
> Please advice me what to do in this situation.
> Shall I blindly submit a patch about CFLAGS to make build server happy?

The package builder is not more strict. The problem is that you're
testing a different commit, that has been fixed already.

Note your log has:

Makefile ident:      $FreeBSD: head/devel/p5-B-C/Makefile 384683
2015-04-24 20:21:23Z adamw $

The package builder log has:

Makefile ident:      $FreeBSD: head/devel/p5-B-C/Makefile 379031
2015-02-15 09:39:49Z bofh $

adamw's commit in r384683:

  The patch introduced in r383995 to fix the build on perl-5.21.6+ broke
  building against other perl versions.

So you can't reproduce it because it's already fixed!

Cheers,
Bryan Drewery