False (?) alarm from FreeBSD package build server with FreeBSD-current

Sergei Vyshenski svysh.fbsd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 23:28:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

FreeBSD package build server informs about build failure for my port
devel/p5-B-C at
FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT amd64, OSVERSION: 1100070.
(This port builds fine on all stable FreeBSD versions.)
Poudriere log of FreeBSD package build server:
http://beefy4.isc.freebsd.org/data/head-amd64-default/p384620_s281917/logs/p5-B-C-1.52_1.log

The main problem there being that something "is invalid in C99
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]". Looks that this error could be fixed by
just adding the following line to the port's Makefile:

CFLAGS+=    -Wno-implicit-function-declaration

*BUT!* I can not reproduce this error. Please look how this port builds ok
with poudriere at nearly the same version of OS

FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT amd64, OSVERSION: 1100070
My Poudriere log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2A9Va9VLT7MVDd6YmdvbktVTEk/view?usp=sharing

Here I am using a fresh install of 11.0-CURRENT (svn revision as of
yesterday),
with default settings for everything,
perl-5.18,
pkg-1.5.1,
poudriere-3.1.3

How this non-reproducibility can happen at all?
Could it be that FreeBSD package build server deliberately sets more rigid
CFLAGS than OS itself does?
Please advice me what to do in this situation.
Shall I blindly submit a patch about CFLAGS to make build server happy?

Regards, Sergei