[New Port] Working on Gitlab - Calling for Help and Ideas

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 23 16:34:48 UTC 2015

 écrivait :

> Also the article takes the user away its decisions. I really love nginx,
> but i could not find any specifics which makes it mandatory. The user
> easily can use apache, yaws or something other.

ATM, you could choose a web server (Apache seems wellknown, but if you
prefer nginx, go for it!). Soon, pkg will be enhanced to handle
"provides / needs", and then you'll be able to just set "needs a
webserver". Or if you have many time, you could provide a set of
options.

About the configuration, I would suggest:
- provide sample config files (with comments when possible)
- explain the first steps in pkg-message (or just explain which document
  to follow).

Good luck!
--
Th. Thomas.