Synchronising ports with package cluster

Reed A. Cartwright cartwright at asu.edu
Wed Apr 15 20:39:56 UTC 2015

I've updated the script to make use of your information and did some
other tweaks.

https://gist.github.com/reedacartwright/8622973baf89b263a6d7

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 4:03 AM, Mike Clarke
<jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 Apr 2015 11:30:19 Don Lewis wrote:
>> On 14 Apr, Mike Clarke wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> > The problem is that 101amd64-default hasn't been built on
>> > beefy2.isc.freebsd.org since version 381523 on 2015-03-18_03h47m09s.
>> >
>> > The mystery is where do we get the logs from now?
>>
>> Look for 101amd64-default in this mail list archive:
>> <https://docs.freebsd.org/mail/current/freebsd-pkg-fallout.html>
>>
>> I found this message:
>> <https://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=19023048+0+current/freebsd-pk
>> g-fallout> which says tht the place to look is:
>> <http://beefy6.nyi.freebsd.org/data/101amd64-default/>
>>
>> Not the most user friendly way of finding this information, but ...
>
> Many thanks, that provided the essential clue. beefy6.nyi.freebsd.org provides
> logs for 101amd64-default and 84amd64-default.
>
> A bit of digging around enabled me to put together the following list:
>
> beefy1.isc.freebsd.org
>   93i386-default
>   101i386-quarterly
> beefy2.isc.freebsd.org
>   93amd64-default
>   101amd64-quarterly
> beefy3.isc.freebsd.org
>   head-i386-default
>   93i386-quarterly
> beefy4.isc.freebsd.org
>   head-amd64-default
>   93amd64-quarterly
> beefy5.nyi.freebsd.org
>   101i386-default
>   84i386-default
> beefy6.nyi.freebsd.org
>   101amd64-default
>   84amd64-default
>
> Also it looks like the build schedules might have been revised, it looks like
> 101amd64-default started on Monday.
>
> I'm now able to synchronise my ports tree with the package repository but
> can't help wondering if the servers might change again in the future.
>
> --
> Mike Clarke

Reed A. Cartwright, PhD
Barrett Honors Faculty
Assistant Professor of Genomics, Evolution, and Bioinformatics
School of Life Sciences
Center for Evolutionary Medicine and Informatics
The Biodesign Institute
Arizona State University