Synchronising ports with package cluster

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:55:39 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 4:22 AM, Matthew Seaman <matthew at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 2015/04/15 12:03, Mike Clarke wrote:
> > Many thanks, that provided the essential clue. beefy6.nyi.freebsd.org
> provides
> > logs for 101amd64-default and 84amd64-default.
> >
> > A bit of digging around enabled me to put together the following list:
> >
> > beefy1.isc.freebsd.org
> >   93i386-default
> >   101i386-quarterly
> > beefy2.isc.freebsd.org
> >   93amd64-default
> >   101amd64-quarterly
> > beefy3.isc.freebsd.org
> >   head-i386-default
> >   93i386-quarterly
> > beefy4.isc.freebsd.org
> >   head-amd64-default
> >   93amd64-quarterly
> > beefy5.nyi.freebsd.org
> >   101i386-default
> >   84i386-default
> > beefy6.nyi.freebsd.org
> >   101amd64-default
> >   84amd64-default
> >
> > Also it looks like the build schedules might have been revised, it looks
> like
> > 101amd64-default started on Monday.
> >
> > I'm now able to synchronise my ports tree with the package repository but
> > can't help wondering if the servers might change again in the future.
>
> The package building cluster recently got an infusion of new hardware.
> This means that it should be possible to do several package building
> runs in a week from now on.  Plus add support for cross-building for
> some other CPU architectures.
>
>         Cheers,
>
>         Matthew

Very cool! I had noticed that the 101amd64-default was seemingly "off
schedule" and was concerned that there was a problem. I'm delighted to see
that it really means things are better than ever!

My thanks to whoever made this possible. New hardware of this sort is a bit
expensive and the time of those who can integrate it all is invaluable.
--
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com