Request for (i386) testing: american fuzzy lop

Vitaly Magerya vmagerya at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 16:18:58 UTC 2014

On 11/20/14 17:02, Fabian Keil wrote:
> 0.57b and later have "[f]ixes to make things work on FreeBSD and
> OpenBSD: use_64bit is inferred if not explicitly specified when
> calling afl-as".
>
> If you started with an earlier release, this might have been
> the problem.

I was working with version 0.27b, so I guess lots of things changed
since then. They even have afl-clang now.

> Does it work for you if you replace the line with:
> MAKE_ARGS+=	CC=${COMPILER_TYPE}
> ?

Yes, this fixes all the problems; AFL now installs fine.

I also tested actually compiling stuff with afl-clang and then running
afl-fuzz, which also seems to work.

I don't have an i386 system though.

> And if not, does it work if you remove it completely?

Removing it does not work ('test_build' fails).