clang problems with math/octave-forge-miscellaneous

Montgomery-Smith, Stephen stephen at missouri.edu
Sat May 17 17:13:53 UTC 2014

On 05/17/2014 12:00 PM, Montgomery-Smith, Stephen wrote:
> I am trying to make the port math/octave-forge-miscellaneous clang
> compliant.  In the file ${WRKSRC}/partarray.cc is are lines like this:
>
>   Array<octave_idx_type> bidc [maxdims], eidc [maxdims];
>   ... stuff ...
>           eidc[i] = eidx;
>
> The compilation dies saying that eidc is not defined.

I see the problem.  The compiler actually goes wrong with

  Array<octave_idx_type> bidc [maxdims];

saying

partarray.cc:42:31: error: variable length array of non-POD element type
      'Array<octave_idx_type>'

So the error is somewhere else.  Sorry for the noise.  But if I don't
figure out the latter error, I'll be back with more questions.