staging without root privileges

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu May 15 18:16:48 UTC 2014

Am 15.05.2014 13:28, schrieb Baptiste Daroussin:
> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 08:48:07PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Am 14.05.2014 17:51, schrieb Baptiste Daroussin:
>>
>>> Add USES=uidfix it should do the magic :)
>>
>> ...added a note to the wiki ports/StageDir...
>>

> it is documented already in the handbook:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/appendices.html#uses-values
> that is why I guess noone added it to the wiki page.

Understood, but the wiki ports/StageDir page is more of a HOWTO-guide
and the cited section of the porter's handbook is more of a reference,
so I believed it useful... and that's where Anton checked.

Even if his most recent problem is apparently another. That's also why I
spelt USES+=uidfix on the Wiki ;)