r353029 broke net-mgmt/zabbix2*-server options

John Marino freebsd.contact at marino.st
Wed May 14 07:55:16 UTC 2014

On 5/14/2014 09:42, Pavel Timofeev wrote:
> Hi!
> After this commit to regular ports tree both zabbix (2.0 and 2.2)
> ports was messed.
> For example:
> ====> Options available for the single DB: you have to select exactly
> one of them
>      MYSQL=on: MySQL database support
>      PGSQL=off: PostgreSQL database support
>      SQLITE=off: SQLite database support
>      ORACLE=off: Oracle database support
>      ODBC=off: Support for database checks via ODBC
> ===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
>
> ODBC shouldn't be in DB section. See in 2014Q2 - that's how it has to
> look. Please, fix it

I am somebody completely unfamiliar with this port.  So I am curious why
"ODBC shouldn't be in DB section".  ODBC is a database driver, so why
shouldn't it be in the database section?

You state it needs to be a certain way, but the justification is that it
was that way before rather than stating the real reason for those of us
that aren't familiar with this particular port.

Thanks,
John